New Articles for Beaufort

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Movie Information RATING: PG-13 Starting Friday, December 18th! Starring: John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver Star Wars: The Force Awakens (also known as Star Wars Episod[...]

Pan (2015 film)

RATING: PG | 111 Minutes Showing Daily (2D): 11:45 | 2:10 | 4:30 | 7:00 | 9:15 Showing Daily (3D): 12:00 | 2:30 Starring: Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund, Rooney Mara

The Martian

RATING: PG-13 | 130 Minutes Showing Daily: 12:00 | 4:00 | 7:00 | 9:35 Starring: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig

The Intern

RATING: PG-13 | 121 Minutes Showing Daily: 11:45 | 2:10 | 4:30 | 7:00 | 9:15 Starring: Robert De Niro, Anne Hathaway, Rene Russo


Featured Beaufort Online Stories

John Mark Verdier House - 801 Bay Street, Beaufort SC

Built in: 1801 This prominent Federal style mansion was built circa 1801 by by John Mark Verdier 1 (1759-1827), a local merchant and planter, on land which before the American Revolution belonged to another merchant, Francis Stuart. Verdier’s fortunes reflected the changing economics of Beaufort’s merchant class, rising to great stature and wealth before the Revolution as a merchant trading in indigo. As indigo markets disappeared with the war, Verdier’s […]

Bed & Breakfast - Inns

Beaufort, SC Bed & BreakfastsThe Bed & Breakfast Inns of Beaufort SC offer old-fashioned southern charm & hospitality that cannot be matched. Spending your nights in one of these historic southern Bed & Breakfast Inns enhances a visit to Beaufort SC to explore our historic city. Please Visit The Rhett House Inn The B & B Inns are also very popular for visitors attending MCRD Parris Island SC recruit graduation ceremonies.

Dataw Island Rentals

For more information, please contact Property Management by Heidi at (843) 838-4243. Dataw Island is situated in a beautiful natural setting and is located only 6 miles from downtown Beaufort, SC. Enjoy the privacy and security of a gated residential community with membership access to two professional golf courses, dry storage marina, indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, tennis courts and walking paths. Unfurnished and furnished homes on the marsh and golf […]

Lowcountry Chameleon | Carolina Anole

All around the Lowcountry, especially in the summer, trees, bushes, and shrubs are filled with little green and brown lizards scampering around.  Although mistakenly called chameleons, it’s actually closer to being an iguana than a chameleon.  The Carolina anole (Anolis carolinensis),  is a small lizard, ranging from 2 inches up to about 6 inches, including a tail that can be as long as the body or longer.  Like chameleons, they […]

Yellowfin Tuna

YELLOWFIN TUNA (Thunnus albacres) OTHER NAMES: Allison Tuna, Ahi RANGE: All Florida, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. HABITAT: The open seas, but frequently near dropoffs. DESCRIPTION: Distinguishing the Yellowfin Tuna from the Blackfin or Bigeye is sometimes difficult as many visual features are similar. Finlets of the Yellowfin are yellow, trimmed in black. Gold stripe along side. Light underside usually shows spots and/or wavy lines. Second dorsal and anal fins […]