Built in: 1896
E. A. Scheper is thought to have built this house in 1896. As originally constructed, the house had intricate gingerbread exterior trim. In 1938 the house was bought and almost completely rebuilt, transforming the exterior style from Victorian to neo-Colonial. The rooms were enlarge and expert cabinetmakers were brought to Beaufort to make the beautifully carved mantel in the library and to cut and place the random-width flooring and paneling.