Tag Archives: Edward Means House

Cobwebs…or Spanish Moss?

The Edward Means house, (604 Pinckney Street in the Old Point Neighborhood) was built in the mid-1850’s by Franklin Talbird, and its finery includes fancy interior woodwork, marble mantels, and an extraordinary floating spiral staircase. During the Civil War, it was used as Union Hospital number 2. A war correspondent for the New York Daily […]